This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use it when you visit our website. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who we are
Glen Oaks Housing Association Limited, registered as:
A Scottish Charity (Scottish Charity Number SCO34301);
With the Financial Services Agency with Registered Number 2420RS;
With the Scottish Housing Regulator with Registration Number HCB241;
Scottish Property Factor Register Number PF000173;
and having their Registered Office at: 3 Kilmuir Drive, Arden, Glasgow, G46 8BW
Glen Oaks Housing Association takes the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adheres to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation applicable from the 25 May 2018 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner ICO) under registration number Z5443064 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
As of 11 November 2019, we are considered a Public Authority under the Freedom of information (Scotland) Act 2002 and are, therefore, required to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO). We have engaged RGDP LLP (www.rgdp.co.uk) to act as our Data Protection Officer. To contact them, please email email@example.com Please also copy us in at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This website privacy notice explains how we collect and use personal information about you. Separate versions of Privacy Notices are issued to our Tenants, Customers, Staff and Committee Members.
When you visit our website, we may collect personal information about you if you:
- report a repair to us;
- pay your rent;
- apply for a house;
- make a complaint to us;
- complete and submit a “contact us” form to us; and
- login in
We may use this personal information to:
- provide you with the services that you have requested from us;
- communicate with you, including in response to any of your enquiries;
- improve our services and respond to changing needs;
- process your rent payments;
- carry out repairs to your property;
- handle and resolve complaints made by, or, against you;
- keep the personal information that we hold about you accurate and up-to-date (if you provide any new personal information to us via the website); and
- signpost you to organisations that can offer benefits and debt advice and support.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share your personal information with the following organisations for the purposes described above:
- our contractors to undertake repairs, works and maintenance;
- organisations providing benefits advice and support; and
- Police Scotland and the local authority in relation to complaints involving anti-social or other criminal behaviour.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes described above, including to meet any legal, accounting, reporting or regulatory requirements. More information is contained within our data retention policy and schedule which is available via our website (within Document Library)
How do we keep your personal information secure?
The security of your personal information is of paramount importance to us and we use appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information.
However, while we will use reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and, for this reason, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that is transferred by or to you via the Internet. If you have any concerns about the security of your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) for more information.
It is important that the personal information that we collect, hold and use about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed of any changes by contacting our assigned DPO. We have engaged the services of RGDP LLP (www.rgdp.co.uk) to act as our Data Protection Officer. To contact them please email email@example.com and copy us in at firstname.lastname@example.org
In certain circumstances, the law gives you the right to request:
- A copy of your personal information and to check that we are holding and using it in accordance with legal requirements.
- Correction of any incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we hold and use about you.
- Deletion of your personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to hold and use it. You also have the right to ask us to do this where you object to us holding and using your personal information (details below).
- Temporarily suspend the use of your personal information, for example, if you want us to check that it is correct or the reason for processing it.
- The transfer of your personal information to another organisation.
- You can also object to us holding and using your personal information where our legal basis is a legitimate interest (either our legitimate interests or those of a third party).
When you make a request, we are required to verify your identity and may ask you for specific information to fulfil this purpose. Normally, you will not need to pay a fee when you make any of the above requests, but we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive.
We seek to directly resolve any complaints about how we handle personal information and would request you contact us in the first instance.
If you are not happy thereafter, you also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street,
Telephone: 0131 244 9001
We keep this privacy notice under regular review and will place any updates on this website.
This privacy notice was last updated on September 2020