We aim to provide our tenants with a repair service that represents value for money. Our contractors follow our Service Standards to ensure that you receive the same high service from them as you do from our own staff.
The repairs that you report daily to us are classed as reactive repairs and we have two different contractors that attend them for us:
- GasSure - attend any gas central heating or hot water repairs.
- City Building - attend to all other repairs.
In order to ensure you are satisfied with the service you receive from our contractors we issue anyone who reports a repair with a satisfaction form. This feedback is reviewed regularly and any issues are raised with the contractor.
Changes to the Association’s service due to the Coronavirus
As you will be aware, the world is facing a major crisis in dealing with the Coronavirus Pandemic. Glen Oaks is having to alter the way that we deliver our service to you because of the Coronavirus. This is to ensure the Health and Safety of our tenants and staff which is our top priority at all times.
Please be advised that due to recent government advice on non-essential works the repairs service is now limited to emergencies only until further notice. Emergency repairs are limited to items which could cause danger to health, residents’ safety, or serious damage and destruction to your property. Examples include:
- Significant leaks or floods
- Electrical faults which may endanger a building or resident
- Full loss of electricity
- Blocked drains resulting in back-surge of waste into your home
- Making safe broken windows
- Security of your home (if lost keys you will be recharged for the repair)
- Loss of central heating or hot water (limited to provision of temporary heating only if member of household suffering from symptoms of or self-isolating from the Coronavirus)
Any pre-arranged non-emergency repairs have been cancelled and will be attended to once the worst of the crisis has passed and contractors are able to work as normal. The annual servicing of landlord’s gas appliances is also suspended as is the Right to Repair Scheme. Similarly, members of the Association’s staff are not carrying out any inspection visits for the time being. You can report emergency repairs in the normal way via the Tenant Portal, email or telephone.