Skip to Main Content

Return to Noticeboard Stories

Take action prevent arrears!

If you’re on Universal Credit, and claiming housing costs to pay your rent, you must let the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) know of this change in your rent.

Claimants cannot update their rent charge until the change has taken place and so the change must be notified on the 15th March 2021.

Usually the DWP will send you a ‘To Do’ notification to your journal, if you need help please follow our step by step guide to complete the change.

If you don’t receive a notification you can still update your rent costs by opening your UC Account > Click on HOME tab at the top > Click on REPORT A CHANGE > Click on HOUSING > You will be asked when did the change occur from which will be 15/03/2021 and continue to complete details of new housing costs